This online training is designed to develop computer competencies and literacy. It introduces general computer operations using current computing technologies and software. Selected topics include the Internet, operating systems, and creating and evaluating documents, worksheets, and presentations. Guidelines for selecting computer hardware and software are addressed. Satisfactory completion of this course meets the SLU Technology Competency Skills graduation requirement. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, you will receive a digital badge. A Saint Leo University digital badge gives you the ability to easily communicate your accomplishments. Share your badge with social media sites or incorporate them on your professional branding tools like a resume or website. This course is not covered by financial aid. Badge will be issued upon successful completion of the course
The following conditions apply for Saint Leo Students only:
• This course is not covered by financial aid.
• Current students should meet with their advisors or success coaches to discuss options and review the catalog.
• Students are expected to successfully complete this online training and demonstrate proficiency by earning a passing score of 80%.
• Students will have 8 weeks to complete the training and demonstrate proficiency.
• Students will have a maximum of two attempts to complete and pass the technology competency skills training.
• If a student is not able to demonstrate proficiency after two attempts of the training, they will be required to complete COM 140.
• Satisfactory completion of this course meets the Saint Leo University Technology Competency Skills graduation requirement
• Badge will be issued upon successful completion of the course
Technology Competency Skills Waiver Exam:
Students have the option to take the COM 140 waiver exam to demonstrate sufficient computer applications competency (through previous education or experience), to justify a waiver of SLU Technology Competency Skills training. The Waiver Exam tests your knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Windows/Internet. The exam is Pass/Fail and you must receive a minimum score of 74% to pass. If you receive a passing score, you are exempt from taking the SLU Technology Competency Skills training. For more information please see: https://www.saintleo.edu/waiver-exam-worldwide
The following conditions apply for NON Saint Leo Students:
• Customers will have 8 weeks to complete the training and demonstrate proficiency.
• Customers who successfully complete this online training and demonstrate proficiency by earning a passing score of 80% will receive a digital badge.
• Badge will be issued upon passing completion of the course
You will receive three emails upon purchasing the course:
- The first email will be a thank you for creating your account
- The second email will be a thank you for your purchase
- The third email will contain the link to access the course.